Share It

Saturday, October 13, 2012

LiveFit Phase 1: Weeks 1 and 2

C'est finis!

I have finished the first two weeks of Jamie Eason's LiveFit Trainer. Had to switch up some days, but I did it!

Both weeks had the same workouts, which I liked. I liked knowing what I was getting into, but in the coming weeks, things are gonna get crazy. Ah well. One phase at a time. One day at a time.

There's no cardio in this first phase, and each workout took me between 20-30 minutes. One the first week, I felt I didn't get a good weight workout, and I figured I probably wasn't pushing myself enough. Week two, I went from 50 lbs to 90 lbs, and I'm definitely feeling it now. But in a good way. Anytime I felt I wasn't challenging myself (Challenging=Struggling to finish last two reps), I upped my weight.
I did let my diet go a little by the wayside this week. Got super tired for some reason, and my mom was in the hospital for a few days (no worries! She's feeling much better, and has been home since Tuesday!), so things were a bit hectic.

I'm really optimistic about the coming week, though. This week, my church was having a garage sale, and my parents got me a food steamer/rice cooker. I've used it twice today, and will probably prep more food tomorrow, too! I'm kind of digging it.

The first thing I tried was Steaming Eggs. I'd heard about steamed eggs via the Fitnessista as an alternative to  hardboiled, and having tried it, I love it. Eggs seem to be what I crave after working out, and since my gym is right next to a grocery store, I've popped in a couple times for pre-made eggs. This is definitely more cost-effective.

The second thing I'm working on is rice. We're doing Chinese for dinner. Yummy! Hopefully it turns out as well as the eggs did.

So, really not a lot to report on the first two weeks. I've decided that after I've completed the whole 12 weeks, I'm going to go back and do it again, but be more strict about my diet. I think doing both at the same time is too much change too soon. Will probably update again for the next two weeks.

Have a great Saturday!

Another shirt I need to get, eventually

No comments:

Post a Comment